Clinical partnership & risk mitigation
Our industry-leading consultant pharmacists are dedicated to providing clinical support that’s specific to the individual needs of your facility or community and staff.
Partner with our consultant pharmacists
Your facility or community will have access to our dedicated consultant pharmacists — valued members of your interdisciplinary team who help produce positive outcomes for your residents while containing cost.
Consultant pharmacist service starts with an introductory meeting with key staff members. Equipped with a deep understanding of your unique needs, they’ll provide you with a tailored program that encompasses educational, regulatory and cost-containment concerns, while working to assure appropriate medication therapies for each resident.
Every visit with your consultant pharmacist includes one-on-one time with leadership team members both before and after their consulting session. This helps ensure all critical information is promptly shared and addressed.
Reduce risk at your facility or community
We always have safety top of mind. We offer in-pharmacy automation, adding some risk relief to your day-to-day routine, as well as staff education and resources.
Monitoring medication management
Our state-of-the-art system brings another level of patient safety by more accurately dispensing medications, and reducing time spent on correcting errors. Plus, our clinical decision support software program, Omnicare System for Clinical Cost Outcomes and Retrieval (OSC20R), is fully integrated with our pharmacy dispensing computer system and identifies clinical and regulatory opportunities — all of which helps keep your residents safe.
Staff education services
To advance staff knowledge, we provide extensive educational resources and tools. Our Fracture Prevention Program is one of our major clinical programs, focusing on risk reduction resources for both falls and fractures. And our Fall Risk Reduction Program includes assessment tools, an incident report and a variety of clinical reference resources. These, among our other offerings, are designed to educate your staff so your residents thrive.
Get specialized infusion therapy
Infusion medications for long-term care residents are prescribed every day. But with our support and guidance — we’ll even train and certify your staff members — you can safely both admit and care for clinically complex residents. Our comprehensive Infusion Therapy Program is critical to successful outcomes, and enables your staff to manage infusion residents with confidence. Infusion therapy nurse educators provide a range of courses, and we offer several ways to help avoid risk:
- State-of-the-art stationary and ambulatory electronic infusion devices are provided as appropriate for each therapy
- Our Nurses’ Infusion Therapy Procedure Manual for your community is a ready reference for staff
- Infusion therapy skills validation tools enable your community administrators to confirm staff competencies
- Hybrid eLearning Program for staff to learn at their own pace, on their own time
- Infusion therapy physician order sheets and medication administration records promote accuracy and simplify complex infusion orders
Discover regulatory compliance support
We know regulatory compliance is a key component to your success — and it’s one of the keys of our pharmacy consulting program. Your consultant pharmacist knows relevant state and federal regulations and will work to help address specific areas of concern by:
- Improving the quality of care, safety and health of residents
- Reviewing Quality Indicator/Quality Measure reports
- Identifying medication issues and trends
- Providing survey preparation and support
- Developing and implementing plans of action
- Enhancing staff capability through comprehensive clinical education programs
Dedicated clinical partners work to mitigate risk
Omnicare’s Maura Eldridge and customer Kristen Howe’s clinical partnership goes beyond the standard to elevate facility wellness.
We make switching easy
Making the change to a new pharmacy provider isn’t always easy. We’re here to uncomplicate the complicated by simplifying the switching process.