Infusion services & education
Our tools and programs are designed to help you admit and care for clinically complex residents safely and effectively.
Help enable staff to manage infusion residents with confidence
- Our comprehensive Infusion Therapy Program is designed to help achieve successful outcomes
- Omnicare’s Nurses’ Infusion Therapy Procedure Manual aims to promote the best clinical practices of infusion therapy
- Infusion therapy skills validation tools are aligned with policies and procedures to provide documentation of demonstrated competencies
- All Infusion therapy education programs are available in both live and Hybrid eLearning formats
- Infusion therapy physician order sheets promote accuracy and help simplify complex infusion orders
From basic to advanced, experiential and e-learning instruction
Omnicare’s Infusion Education programs range from the foundational Essentials of Infusion Therapy, a two-day comprehensive course that covers aspects of infusion therapy, to advanced instruction on a variety of topics, like IV Push Medication Administration. The hybrid education model combines online video instruction with facility-based experiential learning. And the eLearning series makes it possible for nursing staff to learn at their own pace, on their own time.
eLearning Programs for Infusion Therapy
This program combines online video education with facility-based experiential education. Nursing staff can manage the pace and timing while advancing their skills. For facilities, the benefits include expanding the number of nurses trained without reducing staff availability. Online learning eliminates travel time and cost, making it convenient for nurses and efficient for the facility. Course offerings range from comprehensive infusion therapy to specialized training in pain management and parenteral nutrition.
Long-term & post-acute facilities
We provide the expert geriatric pharmacy services and care you need. From resolving issues and covering the details, let us show you how our personal touch sets us apart.