Pharmacy solutions delivered with care
Omnicare provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers across the United States. Heritage Health Solutions® offers an integrated solution that encompasses a pharmacy network, clinical services and reporting. Together, CVS Health®, Omnicare and Heritage, now offer a variety of services tailored to meet the needs of PACE programs and their participants’ daily care.
Advanced PBM Solutions
The requirements of Medicare Part D continue to grow every year particularly when it comes to reporting. These requirements create a significant burden to PACE organizations and force them to spend a substantial amount of resources managing these processes. To help lift the burdens generated by this growing area of administration CVS Health and Heritage now offer:
- Claims adjudication and formulary management for your community.
- Aggregation of data in order to deliver accurate claims capture so that Prescription Drug Event (PDE) submissions, Direct and Indirect Remuneration (DIR) reports and filings are correct. In addition, our customers also receive detailed monthly reports along with yearly filing attestation.
- Cost Mitigation services including formulary management to appropriately manage trends prevalent for PACE communities along with identification of any High Risk Participants.
- Drug Utilization Review to check for therapeutic duplication, drug-disease contraindications, drug-drug interactions, incorrect drug dosage, and drug allergy interactions. Included is the monitoring for updates in order to enhance the effectiveness, safety, and delivery of services.
- Regulatory guidance to keep your community compliant with the latest changes in CMS and Medication Part D regulations.
- Contractual rate fulfillment to ensure that the agreed upon medication rate is actualized via every transaction.
- Access to a nationwide network of more than 68,000 pharmacies, including all of the major chains and thousands of independently-owned pharmacies
Complete pharmacy care
We provide practical and innovative solutions to help seniors age in place. Our solutions help you lower risk, while improving members’ medication adherence. Our pharmacies provide:
- Specialized medication adherence packaging using state-of-the-art automation to ensure accuracy and regimen compliance.
- Easy-to-use online tools to streamline workflow and allow for key functions such as ePrescribing, eRefill, order tracking, billing and clinical/utilization reporting.
- Comprehensive standard aggregate reporting package available 24/7.
- Access to over 9,800 CVS Retail pharmacies for back up pharmacy needs, and over 1,000 Minute Clinic locations for vaccination services.
- Consultant pharmacist works collaboratively to ensure the safety and appropriateness of medication, as well as to assist programs in their effort to provide positive health outcomes with evidence based results.
- Access to a variety of educational resources for prescribers and nursing staff to deepen their understanding and awareness of senior health issues.
- Learn more
Medication is one of the areas of highest risk and cost for PACE, and the most common reason for hospitalization. By choosing Omnicare and CVS Health, you are connected to capabilities that enable a more integrated, consistent experience for residents and enhanced services along with cost savings and improved health outcomes.